101 | CERAMICS: Introduction to Turning
If no announced dates are convenient for you, please contact the committee by email firstname.lastname@example.org to evaluate new options. The class is offered in French. If you would like to follow it in english email us at email@example.com and we will try to accommodate you.
This course will introduce you to the practice of turning through the making of two turned bowls.
This course is a prerequisite for the optional course 102 | Ceramics: Introduction to throwing, in which you will learn the finishing techniques (foot of the container).
- types and consistencies of clay
- familiarization with the lathe and its tools
- steps in the manufacture of a turned ceramic container
- Make a turned container
- to clean its turn as you should
After the 101 Introduction to Filming course, the participant will have access to:
- at the ceramic studio
- the possibility to add your pieces to the ceramic oven on baking days
list of materials provided with registration:
- all materials are included for the training
- all details for the ceramic’s oven
Level of the training : Beginner
Number of participants : 2
Time of the training : 2h30
Suggested attire: Bring an apron or old work shirt. Be prepared to get dirty! !
Laure Masson, ceramic artist
Ceramic artist by trade, Laure is committed to LESPACEMAKER and enjoys sharing her knowledge with the curious.